A few rules
oTENTik closed due to works
Due to major work to be carried out at the Saint-Ours Canal National Historic Site, oTENTik accommodation units will not operate in the summer of 2020. The site will however remain accessible to all, and a special program will be set up in collaboration with the Friends of the Saint-Ours Canal during the summer season. For more information, see the What's new page.
In addition to the Historic Canals Regulations, here are some rules that will allow oTENTik users to experience oTENTik accommodations comfortably and safely:
- The use of campsites is restricted to no more than:
- 6 people including a maximum of 4 adults and a minimum of one person who is at least 18 years of age;
- 1 license plate-bearing vehicle (parking fee for additional vehicle);
- 1 kitchen shelter (no tent).
- Inside the oTENTIk it is forbidden to:
- Cook food;
- Use gas or propane lanterns;
- oTENTik users must behave in a respectful manner and must:
- Respect quiet hours from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.;
- Limit their alcohol consumption to their accommodation site;
- Keep one’s site clean and return the equipment used to the same condition as what it was upon arrival.
- Campfires are allowed only in provided fire pits and firewood must be purchased on the site. It is forbidden to:
- Collect wood from the forest;
- Bring firewood;
- Use portable fireplaces and barbecues except those provided by Parks Canada.
- All domestic animals must be kept on a leash at all times and cannot be left unattended. They are forbidden:
- Inside the oTENTik at all times;
- On the accommodation site after quiet hours.
- It is prohibited to jump, dive, or swim in the canal and near the approach wharfs, as strong undercurrents make the area dangerous.