A few rules
oTENTik closed due to works
Due to major work to be carried out at the Saint-Ours Canal National Historic Site, oTENTik accommodation units will not operate in the summer of 2020. The site will however remain accessible to all, and a special program will be set up in collaboration with the Friends of the Saint-Ours Canal during the summer season.
In addition to the Historic Canals Regulations, here are some rules that will allow oTENTik users to experience oTENTik accommodations comfortably and safely:
- The use of campsites is restricted to no more than:
- 6 people including a maximum of 4 adults and a minimum of one person who is at least 18 years of age;
- 1 license plate-bearing vehicle (parking fee for additional vehicle);
- 1 kitchen shelter (no tent).
- Inside the oTENTIk it is forbidden to:
- Cook food;
- Use gas or propane lanterns;
- oTENTik users must behave in a respectful manner and must:
- Respect quiet hours from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.;
- Limit their alcohol consumption to their accommodation site;
- Keep one’s site clean and return the equipment used to the same condition as what it was upon arrival.
- Campfires are allowed only in provided fire pits and firewood must be purchased on the site. It is forbidden to:
- Collect wood from the forest;
- Bring firewood;
- Use portable fireplaces and barbecues except those provided by Parks Canada.
- All domestic animals must be kept on a leash at all times and cannot be left unattended. They are forbidden:
- Inside the oTENTik at all times;
- On the accommodation site after quiet hours.
- It is prohibited to jump, dive, or swim in the canal and near the approach wharfs, as strong undercurrents make the area dangerous.