Major decisions that have marked the history of North America were made in this component of the fortifications. Explore the remains, its lower court, outbuildings and culinary complex.
New audio guide - Download the Parks Canada app
This new immersive auditory experience pulls you right into history, where characters will come and speak to you. Sometimes you will be in the role of a new Château Saint-Louis servant who is on their first day of work and getting acquainted with their new environment. At times, you will be the advisor to the governor of the Château Saint-Louis, and an advisor will convey information to you for a diplomatic meeting that is to take place shortly with representatives of the Huron-Wendat Nation. A surprise awaits you: you can even practise words in the Wendat language. The audio guide is about 45 minutes long.
May 21 to October 10 2022:
The site is opened every day between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Parks Canada is pleased to offer free admission for youth at our parks and sites, however regular fees still apply for other experiences and services, such as guided tours.
Fees (admission fees - taxes included):
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Payment location: Frontenac Kiosk, located on the Dufferin Terrace
- Starting point: Lorne Kiosk, located on the Dufferin Terrace
- Reservations: Reservations are required for groups only (school programs, corporate) and travel trade (see reservations tab)
- Accessibility : This site has limited accessibility
- Additional information: This activity takes place inside. We invite you to bring your own earphones.
Contact us for more information and to make a reservation.
Telephone: 418 446-6042
Reservations are required for groups only (schools, corporate and travel trade).
- Reservation required for groups
- Suitable for independant travelers
- Gift shop