Launch of the 2022 tourist season at Pointe-au-Père Lighthouse National Historic Site
Issued: June 10, 2022
The Parks Canada Agency is pleased to announce the opening of Pointe-au-Père Lighthouse National Historic Site on June 11, 2022. The season, which will be marked by the long-awaited return of guided tours at the lighthouse, will run until October 10.
The health and safety of Canadians, visitors and employees are of utmost importance to Parks Canada. The Agency follows the advice, guidance and requirements of public health experts and encourages visitors to continue to follow the measures in place, protect themselves, and exercise caution to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The offer to visitors
This year, all the buildings will be open to the public:
- The lighthouse, with guided tours offered by our partner, the Site historique maritime de la Pointe-au-Père;
- The keeper's house, with its exhibition "Beacons Burning Bright!";
- The assistant keeper's house;
- The engineer's house (Parka room for children);
- The foghorn shed.
Added to the offer:
- A trip in space-time through the virtual door to the keeper's house;
- The Crèmerie du phare [lighthouse creamery], a brand new dairy bar and on-the-go lunch service;
- A colourful program on Quebec Lighthouse Day on July 13 (details to come).