History

Built between 1848 and 1850, the manor house bears the unmistakable stamp of its creator, Louis-Joseph Papineau, who oversaw the laying out of his domain down to the smallest details. Retirement from political life prompted him to devote himself entirely to developing the domain according to his precise specifications and in keeping with his notions of integrity and pride.