Parks Canada, Guardian of the Fortifications of Québec
Repairs on Fortification walls
- Western Ravelin: spring 2019 to winter 2020-2021
- St. Louis Bastion: spring 2017 to summer 2019
- Ursulines Bastion: spring 2018 to fall 2019
- St. John Bastion: summer 2018 to fall 2019
- Montmorency Park sector: spring 2018 to fall 2019
- Caponier 26: spring 2016 to summer 2017 - COMPLETED
- St.John Gate flank: spring 2017 to fall 2017 COMPLETED
The work will mainly imply the repointing, replacement or restoration of components such as face stones, backing, wood wall caps, drainage system and membranes, granular filtering materials.
Restoration of Historic structures and buildings
Artillery Park area
- Dauphine Redoubt: spring 2017 to fall 2019
The work aims to restore the outer walls of the building, including the removal of the exterior plaster to repair the masonry beneath it, so that a new plaster can be installed. The work will also include the restoration of windows, flashings, gutters, fireplaces and interior plaster. This building will be closed to visitors during all the restoration works.
Dufferin Terrace area
- Toboggan slide structure: spring 2017 to fall 2017 COMPLETED
The work aims to reinforce and replace the structural elements of the slide.
The period of work indicated is provided for information purposes only and is based on information we have available. Changes may occur depending on different circumstances.
With the federal infrastructure program, major work is underway at the Fortifications of Québec National Historic Site. Come back regularly for more information on these restorations and their impact on our site. At Parks Canada, our mission is to protect and restore national historic sites for future generations. This work will help preserving the Fortifications of Québec, cornerstone of Old Québec’s designation as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.