Québec by lantern light
This guided tour is offered from August 1 to September 1, 2019
Take an interactive, guided tour and learn about the daily lives of settlers newly arrived in Québec in 1847. Fleeing famine, you are among the Irish who survived the crossing and are now trying to start a new life. Along your path, meet an assortment of characters who reflect troubled times in the city. Like these immigrants, you will be faced with the realities of this military city. Will you be able to avoid the pitfalls that await you, such as begging and unemployment? Will you be able to achieve a respected position in the colony?
Mysterious places, a trek on foot to go back in time, breathtaking views and five colourful characters to bring a fascinating story to life.
This guided tour is offered from August 1st to September 1st, 2019
Departures daily in English (7:30 p.m.) and in French (8 p.m.)
Stay tuned for the 2020 schedule.
Parks Canada is pleased to offer free admission for youth at our parks and sites, however regular fees still apply for other experiences and services, such as guided tours.
$ 18 per person, taxes included
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Languages: Available in French and in English
- Payment location: Upon reservation only (link ot plains site)
- Starting point: Frontenac Kiosk, located on the Dufferin Terrace
- Reservations: Reservation required, places are limited (see reservation tab).
- Accessibility : This guided tour has limited accessibility
- Additional information: This experience is outdoors, be prepared, weather can change at any time
Reservation required, places are limited.
- By phone : 418 649-6157 / 1 855 649-6157
- On site: Frontenac Kiosk (on the Dufferin Terrace)
- Reservation required in advance, places are limited
- Maximum 30 persons per group
- Available only from August 1st to September 1st , 2019
- Available in French and English daily
- Suitable for independant travelers upon reservation, places are limited
- Gift shop
In collaboration with: