Fortifications of Québec guided tour
The 90-minute tour will allow you to cross the Governors' Garden and the picturesque streets of Old Québec. You will also have the chance to visit a soldier's casemate, located in the walls of the Citadel of Quebec. The visit will end at the powder magazine located at the Esplanade Park, near St. Louis Gate.
Explore Québec City's rich military past with one of our guides and visit areas not open to the general public, such as a soldier's casemate and a powder magazine. This could be your chance to become an expert on Québec's defensive system.
This could be your chance to become an expert on Québec's defensive system.The grand tour package
This guided tour is offered alone or part as the grand tour package which includes four guided tours and one activity.
May 18 to June 21 2019 and September 3 to November 3 2019
4 departures per day (2 in French, 2 in English)
French departures: 9:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
English departures: 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
June 22 to September 2 2019
6 departures per day (3 in French, 3 in English)
French and English departures: 10:30 a.m.. 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Parks Canada is pleased to offer free admission for youth at our parks and sites, however regular fees still apply for other experiences and services, such as guided tours.Fees (admission fees and taxes included):
Adult (18-64 years old): $9.80
Senior (65 years of age or over) : $7.30
Youth (17 and under): $3.00
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Languages: Available in French and in English
- Payment location: Frontenac Kiosk, located on the Dufferin Terrace
- Starting point: Frontenac Kiosk, located on the Dufferin Terrace
- Reservations: Reservations are required for groups only (schools, corporate and travel trade) - see reservations tab
- Accessibility : This guided tour has limited accessibility
- Additional information: This experience is outdoors, be prepared, weather can change at any time
Contact us for more information and to make a reservation.
Telephone: 418 648-7016
Reservations are required for groups only (schools, corporate and travel trade).
- Reservation required
- Available year-round for group upon reservation
- Available in French and English
- 30 persons per guide, it is possible to have more than one guide per group
- Price subject to change in 2020
- Suitable for independant travelers
- Gift shop