Trails : park and relaxation
The new picnic area offers many tables at your disposal inside the fort’s marvellous park. Some tables are adapted for individuals with disabilities. Please note there are no shelters in case of rain.
Fort Chambly Park
Fort Chambly is located along the rapids of the Richelieu River. The fort is surrounded by a large wooded area ideal for walking and relaxing. Come take a break and enjoy a nap to the sound of the rapids...
- Dogs on a leash are allowed in the park. Only guide dogs are allowed inside the museum.
- Fishing is forbidden on the bank of the Richelieu River close to Fort Chambly.
- Wood fires and barbecues are forbidden in the fort area.
- The park closes at 11 p.m.
- Feeding the animals is forbidden.
- Swimming is forbidden.
Nearby Bicycle Trail
Just a few steps away from the Chambly Canal National Historic Site is a bicycle trail that offers a 20-kilometre course that follows the Chambly Canal all the way to St-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
There are several interpretive panels found around the site for you to learn more about the fort’s history while you take a stroll.
Nearby shops and services
Fort Chambly National Historic Site is just a few minutes away from many restaurants, cafés and shops in Chambly.