Sunday, July 1st, from 10 am to 5 pm
Come celebrate Canada Day with your family!
- 10 am to 5 pm: Open house and tour of the Interpretation Centre
- 1 pm: Rallies, obstacle courses, and sponge battle!
- 3 pm: Canada Day cake
- 7 pm: Music concert (group to be confirmed)
Free admission Day
Saturday, July 28, from 10 am to 5 pm
Free admission for all, during all day!
Saturdays and Sundays in August, from 10 am to 5 pm
Archaeology Month will take place from August 1 to 31. Close to 50 locations across Quebec will offer activities for everyone to appeal groups of novices or enthusiasts, small or large. For 31 days, archaeology will come into our lives and bring us a little further in our understanding of our society, history and heritage.
Canadian military history in the spotlight (4th edition)
- Military maneuvers
- Firing demonstrations with canon and black powder percussion rifles
- Interpreting the role of Canadians in the American Civil War
- Activities for children
Sunday, August 26
Soldiers in Canadian history
- Comparative demonstration of firing with musket, flintlock musket and black powder percussion rifles
- Presentation of uniforms differences between the French soldiers of the 17th century, the Lower Canadian volunteers of the War of 1812 and the British soldiers in the 19th century
Animation and interpretation area
- Presentation of the evolution of firearms in Canada from the XVIIth to the XIXth century
- Animated presentation on the Battle of the Châteauguay at the lookout
- Presentation on the militiaman of the War of 1812
- Tasting the traditional meal of soldiers: the meatsoup, between 11:30 am and 2:30 pm