Free group activity
Parks Canada is proud to offer THE ideal outing for day camps, youth groups, community organizations and families. On the banks of the Lachine Canal, a short walk from the Old Port, you will enjoy discovering the basics of camping through fun and informative workshops: pitching a tent, lighting a fire, organizing a campsite safely and much, much more!
Lasting about two hours, the Learn to Camp activity is offered with a choice of time slots depending on availability (first come, first served). The site is accessible by public transportation and bike. Free parking is available for buses (this space cannot be used by personal vehicles).
- Location: Raceway bank (Lachine Canal), west of the Old Port (between the Mill St. bridge and Bonaventure Expressway)
- When: June 26 to August 15, 2019
- Cost: free
- Information and reservations: 514-240-8693, firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of activity
- Master the skill of pitching a tent
- Plan your getaway to a national park
- Toast marshmallows on an open fire
How to get to the Raceway bank
Metro Square Victoria-OACI (a 15-minute walk)
Bus: 75 or 715
Lachine Canal bike path
Mill Parking (paid)