Come on out, take a breath of fresh air and enjoy the best of winter!
Parks Canada shares the public's interest in the Lachine Canal during the winter season and works with its partners to promote recreational activities at this exceptional site located in the heart of Montreal.
On the south side, from Island Street to Lock No. 4, a winter trail offers a unique opportunity to discover the natural beauty of the Lachine Canal when it is adorned in its white coat.
Again this year, more than 2 km of the Lachine Canal trail will be maintained by the City of Montreal so that lovers of snowshoeing, winter walking or fat biking can enjoy a surface that is groomed for them to indulge their sport in the great outdoors.
For more information on snow conditions, visit www.skigrandsudouest.com. (French only)
Offered by Cardio Plein Air
Want to enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the Lachine Canal National Historic Site in the company of other fitness enthusiasts? The qualified and friendly staff of Cardio Plein Air have concocted a series of programs and activities for this winter season.
For more information or to register, visit the Cardio Plein Air website.
Montreal’s Christmas Village
From 29 November to 22 December 2019
Come visit the Montreal Christmas Village, which will take place at the Place du Marché, between the Atwater Market and the Lachine Canal, every weekend from November 29 to December 22, 2019.
The Montreal’s Christmas Village will feature:
- A large Christmas Market showcasing local and regional craftspeople
- Christmas tree vendors
- Mulled wine, marshmallows and many other treats
- Gourmet evenings, including the Montreal Raclette Party
- Highly varied free programming with Santa Claus, concerts and choirs, afternoon storytime and board games, outdoor movie screenings and much more.
- In the Elves’ Kingdom, an enchanted course with various activities, including a hunt for elves, gifts and many other surprises, will await the children who enter inside!
It's a not-to-be-missed event! Come to Place du Marché Atwater all weekends from 29 November to 22 December 2019.
For more details about the event, visit Montreal’s Christmas Village website.