Learn to Camp
Learn to Camp 2018
Dates and activities will be announce soon. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks Canada is offering a one day open air event a short walk from downtown, to be enjoyed as a group or with the family! In the company of experts, discover the secrets of a very popular pastime in Quebec based on the “Learn to Camp” activity. Talk to your friends about it!
Psst: It’s free!
Learn the essentials of family camping!
When: July 15th, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (postponed to July 16th in the event of rain)
Location: Jardin des écluses (Lachine Canal)
Meeting point: Parks Canada kiosk - at the corner of de la Commune Street and McGill Avenue
Learn the essentials of family camping
- Participate in the camp cooking workshops sponsored by MEC
- Master the skill of pitching a tent with the scouts
- Make a fire starter for your next camping trip
- Using a virtual reality headset, travel through La Mauricie National Park
- Relax in a hammock along the edge of the Canal
- Toast marshmallows on an open fire
- Enjoy the family area with spray-on tattoos, the PARKA mascot and much more!
Contest: Learning to camp in the city can take you far!
Participate in the Learn to Camp activity on July 15th and have a chance at winning:
- Two camping overnight stays for four people in one of the three Parks Canada national parks in Quebec.
- A MEC gift card worth $500
- A subscription to Communauto Open plan (40 $ value) + 300 $ of kilometers credits
Contest rules (PDF 442 KB)
How to get to the Jardin des écluses
- Victoria Square Metro
- Bus: 75 or 715
- Lachine Canal Path
- Mill Parking (pay parking)
Information: 514 283-6054, email@example.com
Free activity for youth groups – by reservation only
2017 EDITION – COMPLETE
For information about the 2018 edition, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
June 27th to August 18th 2017
To mark the country’s 150th anniversary, Parks Canada is proud to offer a special activity for day camps, youth groups, community organizations and families. On the banks of the Lachine Canal, a short walk from the Old Port, young people and their escorts can take pleasure in discovering the basics of camping through fun and informative workshops: pitching a tent, lighting a fire, organizing a campsite safely... and much, much more!
Sequence of the 2017 Learn to Camp activity
Lasting about two hours, the 2017 Learn to Camp activity is offered in the morning or in the afternoon, your choice and according to the availability of time slots (first come, first served). The site is accessible by public transportation and bike. Parking is available free of charge for buses (this parking location cannot be used for personal vehicles).
Location: Jardin des écluses (Lachine Canal), to the west of the Old Port (between Mill Bridge and the Bonaventure Expressway) Square Victoria Metro
When: From June 27th to August 18th, 2017, in the morning or afternoon
Information and Reservations: 514 283-6054, email@example.com