Hours of operation
The national historic site is open every day from sunrise to 11 p.m. The site is partially closed to visitors due to work on the upstream jetty.
|From June 15 to October 12, 2020|
|Three lockages are scheduled at fixed hour every day||9:30 a.m. - First upstream lockage
10:00 a.m. - First downstream lockage
|12:30 p.m. - Upstream lockage
1:00 p.m. - Downstream lockage
|3:30 p.m. - Last upstream lockage
4:00 p.m. - Last downstream lockage
- Transit time: 30 minutes
- Please arrive at least 1 hour before the last lockage. The last lockage is in up-stream to downstream direction. The dock located in the lock is on the port side (island side).
- Please take note that times of first and last lockages are not guaranteed. To maximize chances of being locked through, arrive early enough to allow complete lockages in both directions.
Transport Canada's physical distancing standards for Canadian boaters must be respected. It is possible that boat capacity may be considerably reduced, and that the waiting time may be increased. We appreciate your patience and collaboration.
To contact lock keepers
By phone : 514-457-5546
By VHF-Canal 68 during hours of operation
Other canals navigation schedules
Plan your itinerary efficiently by using these hyperlinks to the navigation schedules of the other canals within the Parks Canada network.
Historic canals in Quebec
- Lachine Canal navigation schedule
- Saint-Ours Canal navigation schedule
- Chambly Canal navigation schedule
- Carillon Canal navigation schedule