My Community, My Canada
How do you see Canada?
Parks Canada and Confederation Centre of the Arts have launched the “My Community, My Canada” contest in celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday in 2017.
Who can enter:
- Individual PEI students in grades 6 to 8 OR individuals age 11 to 15 years old living in PEI
- Grade 6-8 classes in PEI schools
- Organized youth groups (e.g. 4H clubs, girl guide units, scout troops) based in PEI
How to enter:
- Select an important person in your community and interview them about their Canada.
- With this interview in mind, create a representation of your Canada using a medium of your choice, such as:
- Video/audio clip
- Anything else you think captures the spirit of this project.
- Include the sentence “My Canada is …” in your project.
- Complete the entry forms and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
2 Palmers Lane, Charlottetown, PE, C1A 5V8
Prizes will be awarded in group and individual categories and will be published on the Story of Confederation website and on the Parks Canada website for Province House National Historic Site.
Contest deadline is April 28. Learn more about the “My Community, My Canada” contest and read our contest details package.