Create a craft
Ball and Cup Craft
A big hit for kids and adults too! Give yourself plenty of space while playing lest you bop someone in the nose!
- Each person needs one cup, one cork, one string, one thumbtack, one piece of tape and one pencil
- Use the pencil to punch a hole in bottom of your cup.
- Pull the string through the hole in the bottom of your cup.
- Tie a knot (perhaps a double or triple knot) in the string on the inside of your cup.
- Tape knotted end of string down to the bottom of your cup (on the inside of your cup).
- Tie a knot at the other end of your string.
- Push thumbtack through the knot.
- Attach thumbtack to the cork.
- Pick out some stickers.
- Decorate your ball and cup.
© Parks Canada
How to make a Pomander
- Using a straight pin, prick the skin of a medium-sized orange and insert a clove. Repeat until the orange is densely covered in cloves. For variation, use cloves to create a pattern or design. (If any orange skin is exposed, omit step #2.)
- Roll your covered pomander in a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice (1 tbsp each) to enhance its scent.
- Add 1 tsp. dried orris root to prevent mold.
- Place in a paper bag and store in a cool place for approximately one month until it has dried out. Your pomander should sound hollow and feel lightweight. Refresh with spice mixture.
- Adorn with ribbon to hang or display in a bowl.
Admire the festive pomanders at Woodside.
© Etsy.com via "Layla". Used with permission, 2010