COVID-19 and your visit to Fort Wellington National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Fort Wellington National Historic Site
The health and safety of visitors, employees and all Canadians is of the utmost importance. Parks Canada will follow the advice and guidance of public health authorities in resuming visitor services and facilities.
Starting June 25, Fort Wellington National Historic Site will begin to offer limited access and services while maintaining physical distancing measures. Information will be updated regularly.
The Town of Prescott is undertaking roadworks on streets adjacent to Fort Wellington. Visitors must access the fort by turning north off King St. East onto Vankoughnet St. This street may be marked as being for local traffic only, which will include access to the fort.
What’s open (updated June 23, 2021)
- Grounds outside and inside the historic fort
- Parking lot
- Open Thursday to Monday, 11 am to 4 pm
- Some interpretation activities including guided and self-guided tours of the fort, as well as rifle demonstrations are available
- Washrooms remain closed
What’s closed (updated June 23, 2021)
- Visitor centre
- Buildings inside the historic fort
Your safety when visiting
- Parks Canada is asking Canadians to stay home and support the national effort to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Those travelling from a distance should consider their plans as there are no washroom facilities available on site and may also be limited or not available in the community.
- Please follow the advice of local public health experts and wear a mask indoors and in public spaces where physical distancing may be difficult to maintain.
- Keep a distance of 2 metres between you and others.
- Leave no trace when you visit outdoor spaces. Please take all your garbage with you and help keep these places clean.
- Abide by all travel advisories.
- Review the City of Prescott's COVID-19 information page (English only).