Lock 38 - Talbot
Lock 38 is a semi-secluded lock station that offers plenty of picnic tables and room to run, however, there are no stores or other services nearby.
- Address: 1419 Canal Road, #50, Beaverton, Ontario
- Nautical chart: #2025 (more on Nautical charts)
- Kilometer marker: 286.5 km (mile 178.1)
- GPS: 44°30'36.0"N 79°06'22.8"W
Facilities and services
- Overnight mooring
- Camping (not recommended)
- Potable water
- Picnic area
- Visitor information
Prior to its construction, the Balsam - Simcoe Division was dreamt of as a commercial route. But upon completion, it served as a haul route only for a short time before recreational travel replaced the prevalence of the commercial barge. Lock 38 - Talbot retains this recreational use today; located in a quiet area dotted with cottages and large trees - a nice shady spot to get away for the day.