Lock 13 - Campbellford
Lock 13 is located just north of the Town of Campbellford. There is a beautiful sheltered picnic area along the lower wall beneath a towering elm. Boaters should expect to lock through on the west side at this location.
- Address: 6199 County Road 50, Seymour Twp., Ontario
- Nautical chart: #2021 (more on Nautical charts)
- Kilometer marker: 51.8 km (mile 32.2)
- GPS: 44°19'11.1"N 77°47'11.4"W
Facilities and services
Facilities and services at this lockstation are currently limited due to ongoing construction work.
- Overnight mooring (unavailable)
- Camping (unavailable)
- Washrooms (closed)
- Potable water
- Picnic area (limited)
- Visitor information
Constructed: 1907 - 1912
Drama ran high during the building of this lock as civic leaders engaged in negotiations with the government over the construction of the lock, dam and concrete walls, while rival power companies lobbied for water rights at the dam sites. Once these issues were resolved, work proceeded and the Seymour Power Company produced electricity from the Trent River for use in the community.
- Trent-Severn Trail Towns (Campbellford)
- Trent Hills & District Chamber of Commerce
Phone number: (705) 653-1551 or 1-888-653-1556
- Northumberland Tourism
Phone number: (905) 372-3329 ext 2257 or 2237 or 1-866-401-3278
- Municipality of Trent Hills
Phone number: 1-888-653-1556
- Kawarthas Northumberland