A quiet, secluded lock station surrounded by farmland and trees, it is one of the prettiest stations on the Waterway. One of the restored lockmaster houses, which now serves as the lock station office and houses public washrooms, is located here. The Centennial Trial connects the Meyers Lock with Percy Reach. The lower level mooring in particular is sheltered from the wind.

Getting here
  • Address: 706 Hague’s Reach Road, Seymour Twp, Ontario
  • Nautical chart: 2021 (more on Nautical charts)
  • Kilometer marker: 42.5 km (mile 26.4)
  • GPS: 44°14'50.5"N 77°48'00.7"W

Hours of Operation


Contact:

Navigational data
  • Lock length: 46.9 m (154 ft)
  • Lock width: 9.7 m (32 ft)
  • Average lift: 4.9 m (16 ft)
  • Max. mooring period: 5

Facilities and services
History
Lock 9 - Myers
Constructed: 1910-1915

Originally, the Waterway was created as timber barons, farmers, merchants and commercial travellers sought passage from town to town. The numerous rapids on this stretch of river necessitated the construction of several dams to control the water flow and level and locks were built to bypass the dams. This is known as a “slack water system” and is a basis for much of the Trent-Severn Waterway.

Local tourism
Google Street View