Located just east of the town of Rosedale, between Cameron Lake and Balsam Lake, Rosedale Lock offers a very quiet setting not far from Fenelon Falls or Coboconk by land or by water. Three oTENTik sites and one rustic cabin are located across from the locktation on Dewey’s Island Nature Reserve. Relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, watch the boats go by or take advantage of nearby parkland, picnic areas and opportunities for paddling.
Getting here by land
- Rosedale lockstation is accessible by car or bike via Hwy 35
Getting here by water
- Lock 35 (Rosedale) is located 252.9 km up from the beginning of the Trent-Severn Waterway System and Lock 1 (Trenton).
- Find it on Chart #2025
GPS: 44 32' 12" N ~ 78 32' 44" W
Choose your oTENTik
A lovely private setting that backs onto the forest. Faces the canal and offers glimpses of the water through the trees.
Private and shaded from the summer sun. Hikers will love the access to the 3km trail loop.
Peace and quiet under the protection of mature trees. Wildlife-lovers will appreciate this serene location.
- Washrooms, potable water and sinks for washing dishes are available at the lockstation
- Bike lock area
- Easily accessible water locations for canoes and kayaks
- Firewood and ice for sale at lockstation
There at two docks designated for paddling at this location:
- 1 dock is located Dewey’s Island near all three oTENTik sites
- 1 dock is located near the rustic cabin
There are two marinas located nearby to rent canoes, kayaks, pontoon boats, paddle boats and fishing boats.
Great fishing can be had near the dam, or on both Balsam and Cameron Lakes.
There is a 3km walking trail on Dewey’s Island Nature Reserve where you can explore the remains of the old dam and log shoot from the 1800s.
Balsam and Cameron Lakes have sand bars that are very popular in the summer. For the little swimmers, the public beaches at Fenelon Falls or Balsam Lake Provincial Park offer more family-friendly facilities.
The Village of Rosedale has two marinas, a small antique store, and a trading post. 10 minutes away by car are Coboconk and Fenelon Falls, each offering a variety of restaurants, grocery stores and other amenities.
You may also like…