Rosedale rustic cabin
The rustic cabin is available for reservation from May 18th to October 7th, the same dates as the opening and closing of the navigation season.
Check-In: 3 PM
Check-Out: 11 AM
Situated between Balsam and Cameron Lakes in the City of Kawartha Lakes is Lock 35 – Rosedale. As you drive by the quaint cottages that line Trent Canal Road, stress melts away as the Lock Station appears at the end of the road. Beautiful grounds surround the Lock Station and friendly staff greet you for your camping getaway.
Lock 35 – Rosedale offers a very quiet setting, yet it is not far by boat or car to either Fenelon Falls or Coboconk. The rustic cabin is located across from the Lock Station on Dewey’s Island Nature Reserve. The Reserve is a nature-lover’s dream, featuring a 3 km walking trail where you can explore the remains of the old dam and log shoot from the 1800’s.
The Lock Station itself features well-equipped washrooms, a shower, and potable water with firewood and ice for sale. A full size BBQ and propane tank is provided with the rustic cabin rental, including on-site parking. The rustic cabin also feature a solar-powered 12V light, phone charger and outlet.
Relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, watch the boats go by or take advantage nearby parkland, picnic areas and opportunities for paddling. There are two marinas located close at hand for the rental of canoes, kayaks, pontoon boats, and paddle or fishing boats. Great fishing can be had near the dam or on both Balsam and Cameron Lakes. For those that like to get in the water – both Lakes also have sand bars that are very popular in the summer, but for the little swimmers, the public beaches at Fenelon Falls or Balsam Lake Provincial Park offer more family-friendly facilities.
The Village of Rosedale itself boasts two marinas, a small antique store, and a trading post, but only 10 minutes away by car either way are Coboconk and Fenelon Falls, each offering a variety of restaurants, grocery stores and other amenities.
This area, in the City of Kawartha Lakes is known as the Jewel of the Kawarthas – we invite you to come and experience this treasure for yourself!
Inside the rustic cabin:
- Three beds to accommodate up to five campers
- Table and Chairs
- Broom and Dustpan
- Fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Ample storage space under beds for gear and belongings
Please note:There is no plumbing or running water in the cabin.
On the cabin site:
- Food storage unit – with pad lock
- Food preparation station
- Propane BBQ
- Fire pit
- Picnic table
- Deck chairs
What to bring:
- Sleeping bags,blankets and pillows
- Food, drinks and a water container
- Cooking supplies, dishes, utensils and a cooler
- Slippers or Indoor Shoes
- Insect Repellent
Near Lock 35 – Rosedale:
- Washroom amenities
- Firewood and ice for sale
- Parking area with space for all campers
- Bike lock area
- Easily accessible water locations for canoes and kayaks
Upon arrival at Lock 35 - Rosedale, please park in the daily vehicle parking lot located near the Lock Station as there are no designated parking spaces for cabin visitors.
There at 2 docks designated for boats at this location.
- 1 dock is located near the three oTENTiks
- 1 dock is located near the individual cabin
Please leave your valuables locked in your vehicle while your cabin site is unattended.
A Few Rules
- No pets allowed inside the cabin structure. Pets in the park must be leashed at all times.
- For safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the cabin. A nearby kitchen shelter is available for that purpose.
- The cabin must be cleaned prior to departure.
- Rules that apply to the other camping sites also apply at the cabin. Please check General Camping Information.
- Please store food, drinks, and all related items securely in the green metal storage boxes supplied on your cabin site so that wildlife does not have access to your food and drinks. Please do not leave any garbage or recycling in the storage boxes upon departure.
- In consideration of future guests, please do not urinate around your cabin. Washroom facilities are just a short walk away.
- Possession and consumption of alcohol is enforced in accordance with the Ontario Liquor License Act. The act prohibits consuming or having an open container of liquor on docks, shelters and public areas. Liquor can be consumed at your rented cabin site ONLY.
Available at the Lock Station
- Ice is available at the Lock Station for $4.00.
- Cold beverages, snacks, and a variety of souvenirs and camping related items are also available.
Firewood cannot be brought into the park.
Firewood must be purchased within the site and is available at the Lock Station for $6.80.
Protect your forests from the Emerald Ash Borer - a highly destructive invasive insect which attacks and kills all species of ash. The Emerald Ash Borer has the capability to spread rapidly throughout trees and forests. A single piece of infected firewood can be detrimental to thousands of trees and forests.
If you accumulate any garbage or recycling during your stay, please use the bins located at the Lock Station.