Canada Day – Parade of Paddles
Join us in celebrating Canada Day 2020 with Parade of Paddles, Together/Apart #PaddleChallenge Edition!
Each year the Sault Ste. Marie Canal team hosts the Parade of Paddles, where we attempt to fill the lock with as many paddling vessels as we can.
This year, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be doing things a bit differently. Since we are unable to host an event at our site, we are challenging YOU to grab your kayaks and canoes and take a paddle at your favourite spot!
In the spirit of the Canal’s 125th anniversary this year, we want to attempt to have 125 paddlers participate in our Canada Day #PaddleChallenge!
Take pictures of your Canada Day paddling adventure and share them on our Facebook page!
We can’t wait to see where everyone’s paddling adventure takes them!
Date: July 1st
- Grab your canoe or kayak, paddles, and all of your safety equipment (PFDs, bailer, signalling device, buoyant heaving line and of course sunscreen and a hat)!
- Go to your favourite paddling spot!
- Head out for your Canada Day 2020 paddle!
- Snap pictures of your paddle adventure!
- Share your photos on our Facebook page
Canada Day attire is encouraged!!
For more information about this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org