Equipped campsites are only available at Kilmarnock, Beveridges and Chaffeys lockstations.
No gear? No problem. We've got you covered!
Experience all the joy of camping without worrying about packing a tent, a stove, a sleeping pad, or even pots and pans. Your gear will be waiting for you at the lockstation. All you have to do is set it up and tear it down when you are finished with it.
At Equipped Campsites, Parks Canada provides everything you need to set up camp and cook your own meals. Just bring your own food, a sleeping bag, and whatever items you need for comfort.
This is the perfect way to experience a great Canadian pastime with your friends and family at a unique historical location not far from the city.
- Operating season (nights):
- May 15 to October 12, 2020
- Staff hours:
- Lock Staff are on site as per Rideau Canal Hours of Operation seasonal schedule, and will be prepared for anticipated arrivals between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm
- After hours registration:
- If you plan on arriving outside of staffed hours, please call the lockstations directly to obtain check-in instructions ahead of time
- Check-in time:
- After 1:00 pm
- Check-out time:
- Before 11:00 am
- Quiet hours:
- 10:00 pm to 7:00 am
- Maximum length of stay:
- 21 days
- Maximum persons per site:
- Up to 6 people
- Maximum vehicles per site:
- 2 Vehicles
- Maximum camping units per site:
- 2 Tents
- Cooking / Food preparation:
- No cooking is allowed in the Equipped Camping tents
- Generator policy:
- Generators are not provided. Use of a generator is limited to 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Electrical service:
- Internet/Wi-Fi access:
- Wi-Fi is not available at this section of the Rideau Canal
- Mobile/Cell reception:
- Additional visitor guidelines:
- For information on rules and regulations regarding fires, alcohol and cannabis, pets and more, please review all Visitor Guidelines
- Equipped campsites cost $71.54/night
- No daily entry fee required
- Visitors arriving by boat will be required to pay a mooring fee
- One 6-person tent
- Sleeping pads
- Pots and pans
- Plates and cups
- Stove and fuel
- Camp lamp
- Sleeping bag(s)
- Blankets and pillow(s)
- Food and drinks
- Reusable water bottle
- Matches or a lighter
- Camping chairs
- Camp shoes or sandals
Additional tent camping options
If there are no vacancies at our Equipped Campsites for the dates you have chosen, consider bringing your own gear and camping at the same location for a reduced fee. Camping at lockstations is on a first-come first-served basis and at the discretion of the lockmaster.
Other accommodations nearby
Upper Beveridges lockstation also features four oTENTik sites available for reservation. A step-up from tent camping, the oTENTik is a unique and comfortable way to enjoy a rustic camping experience.
From Chaffey's Lock, Davis lockstation is just a short drive away and boasts a fabulously restored historic lockmaster's house available for short-term vacation rental.