Plan your visit
Just 10 km from Niagara Falls, Queenston Heights is an important historic site for all Canadians. Plan to spend at least an hour with costumed guides as they tell stories about that fateful October day in 1812 – the scene of one of the most famous battles in Canadian history. The climb to the top of Brock’s Monument only takes minutes and offers a must-see view of the surrounding battlefield, parklands, and the mighty Niagara River.
14184 Niagara River Pky
Niagara-on-the-Lake ON L0S 1J0
Directions from (QEW) Niagara:
- Keep left at the fork to continue on ON-405, follow signs for Queenston Lewiston U.S.A.
- Take the Stanley Avenue/Regional Road 102 exit toward Niagara Falls/Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Turn left onto Stanley Ave/Regional Rd 102 (signs for Niagara Pkwy/Niagara-on-the-Lake).
- Slight right onto Portage Rd/Regional Rd 61 (signs for Portage Road/Niagara Parkway/Queenston/Niagara on the Lake).
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit].
Directions from USA:
- I-190 N to Queenston/Lewiston Bridge.
- Cross border at Queenston/Lewiston Bridge.
- Continue onto ON-405W.
- Take the exit toward Niagara Town Line/Stamford Townline Rd/Regional Rd 61.
- Turn right onto Niagara Town Line/Stamford Townline Rd/Regional Rd 61.
- (signs for Regional Road 102/Stanley Avenue/Portage Road/Niagara parkway/Niagara Falls/Niagara-On-The-Lake) Continue to follow Regional Rd 61.
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit.
By other means
The Niagara Parks Commission offers WeGo bus transportation within Niagara Parks from north to south, with access to Queenston Heights. Visit the Niagara Parks Commission website for details. (http://www.niagaraparks.com/about-niagara-falls/transportation-niagara-falls.html)
Niagara District Airport, Hamilton International Airport, Buffalo International Airport.
Hours of operation
Opening Day: May 13, 2019
May 13, 2019, to September 2, 2019
Every day, from 10 am to 5 pm
September 3, 2019, to October 14, 2019
October 15, 2019, to April 2020
Admission for climbing and guided tours:
Youth (age 6-16) - $3.50
Adults (age 17+) - $4.50
Facilities and services
Queeston Heights has a variety of services available to the public while they are visiting the site. Picnic, parking and washroom facilities are located on the grounds. Visitors can tour the battlefield grounds, visit the small museum highlighting the early life of Major General Sir Isaac Brock, climb the 235 steps to the top of Brock's Monument and enjoy a spectacular view of the Niagara Frontier. It is important to note that some of these activities have accessibility restrictions.
- Queenston Heights, the scene of one of the most significant battles of the War of 1812, is the burial place of Major General Sir Isaac Brock.
- Overlooking the Niagara River, Queenston Heights is now a popular park with a picnic area and fine dining restaurant.
- Take a self-guided tour to the top of the Brock Monument which stands almost 58 metres tall for a panoramic view of the Niagara escarpment.