COVID-19 and your visit to Fort Malden National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Fort Malden National Historic Site
Fort Malden National Historic Site is closed for the season. The waterfront trail is open to pedestrians – see hours of operation page for details.
What’s open (updated October 29, 2020)
Waterfront Pathway and Interpretive panels (see hours of operation page for details)
What’s closed (updated October 29, 2020)
- Visitor Orientation Centre
- Heritage buildings
- All special events and group events remain suspended.
Your safety when visiting
- Visitors must respect physical distancing of 2 metres / 6.5 feet.
- Visitors must respect all signage, including signage about pets.
- Leave no trace when you visit outdoor spaces – Place waste in receptacles provided.
- Be extra cautious when engaging in recreational activities to avoid injury.
- Respect the guidance of public health authorities to help keep our families, friends, and neighbours healthy and safe.
Parks Canada is working with provincial counterparts, local municipalities, and communities to keep visitors and residents informed and safe.
For the most up to date information, visit: