Sir John Johnson, a loyalist who moved North to Montreal following the American Revolution, left behind a considerable estate in Mohawk valley to fund and lead the King’s Regiment of New York. In 1784 he was instrumental in resettling many loyalists in what is now Ontario. Johnson himself built a home and mills on the banks of Raisin river between 1784 and 1792. The home remains one of the oldest in Ontario.Learn more by visiting the Glengarry Archives
19692 William Street
Williamstown ON K0C 2J0
Hours of operation
The archives are open during the summer and on Mondays during the winter.