From Sea to Storm: Remembering D-Day
6 pm, June 5, 2019 to 1 am, June 6, 2019
(12 am to 7 am, June 6, 2019, CEST, Normandy, France)
Feel the weight of D-Day in real-time as we mark the exact moment the first boots struck the sand in Normandy 75 years ago.
Free admission for everyone. Registration is encouraged. The first 75 people to register will receive a commemorative souvenir upon arrival! Register here (external website) .
6 pm – Gates are open
6 pm to 7 pm – Explore the ship and special activities
7 pm to 8 pm – 75th Anniversary of D-Day Ceremony and Reception
8 pm to 9 pm – Explore the ship and special activities
9 pm to midnight – Outdoor screening of the movie “Storming Juno” and other short films
Midnight to 12:20 am – Sound and light show on Haida
12:30 am – Share a moment of reflection to commemorate the exact moment the first boots struck the sand in Normandy 75 years ago.
1 :00 am – Gates are closed
*Special activities include:
• Evening tours of the ship
• Talking with costumed interpreters stationed onboard the ship
• Watching the flash of fire and feeling the rumble of our weaponry
• Seeing amazing military vehicles from the Second World War
• Experiencing presentations and discussions with a Parks Canada historian
• Recounting the activities and movements of soldiers on D-Day with our H-Hour Clock Countdown
• Taking photos
• Enjoying food and beverages available for purchase throughout the evening
The Longest Day: Remembering D-Day
10 am to 5 pm, June 6, 2019
Uncover the depths of Canada’s contributions to the D-Day landings and the Battle of Normandy. Experience historical presentations, tours of the last remaining Tribal class destroyer, Second World War military vehicles, and more.
Regular admission applies.
Free admission for youth 17 and under!