Calendar of events
Weekday small group tours
Experience Fort George as it was before the War of 1812. Historic interpreters meet and guide your group through an orientation to the site, describing the lifestyles of soldiers, officers, families and civilians who inhabited or worked at the Fort. You will learn about the War of 1812, compare the Soldier's barracks to the Officer's Quarters, discover why the original powder magazine still stands, and experience a musket demonstration. A pre-booked guided tour is an hour in duration.
- • This experience is mainly outdoors so please dress for the weather.
- • Tours can be booked for 11 am, 1 pm, 2 pm, and 3 pm, on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays only.
- • Call 905-468-6614 to register a space on the tour.
- • Tours must be booked at least one week in advance and confirmed the Sunday prior to the tour date.
- • Group sizes are up to a maximum of 9 people.
Health and safety information:
- • The safety of our visitors and staff is of the utmost importance to us at Fort George. Our tours have been modified to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- • We ask that physical distancing guidelines be adhered to at all times.
- • Protective masks are mandatory for all indoor spaces.
For more information, call 905-468-6614 or email email@example.com.