Standing guard on the shores of Lake Huron, the Point Clark Lighthouse, built between 1855 and 1859, is part of an important system of “Imperial” lighthouses on Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. Visit the still-functioning 24 m/78 ft limestone tower to see the 12-sided lantern that shines a bright light on the historical significance of lighthouses to Great Lakes navigation. Nearby, the lightkeeper’s house museum illuminates the lives led on lonely shores.For more information visit the Township of Huron-Kinloss.
Hours of operation
Closed for the winter
Operated privately. For more information visit:
Township of Huron
Historic site not operated by Parks Canada