COVID-19 and your visit to Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Updated: January 11, 2022
This location is:
Changes that may affect your visit
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site is now open for self-guided visits only, no admission charged. Regular season programming resumes May, 2022. We look forward to seeing you then.
- Daily noon day cannon firing
- Parade square, ramparts, parking, and public washrooms
- The grounds are open year-round
Masks and proof of vaccination
Following provincial public health measures, proof of full vaccination is required to enter all Nova Scotia national historic sites and Parks Canada organized events and experiences for visitors 12 years of age and older, As of October 4, 2021.
Mask-wearing continues to be required in indoor spaces.
Proof of full vaccination is required for
- admission to Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
- any guided activities, such as tours (public or private)
- private events and interior facility rentals hosted inside the Halifax Citadel
Proof of full vaccination is not required to access the grounds or Perimeter Road.
Plan your visit
- Hours of operation
- Event and facility rentals available on a case by case basis
- Booked programs and interior facility rentals may be permitted if they meet public health guidelines. Call 902-426-1900 for more information.
- Exterior events and facility rentals may be permitted if they meet public health guidelines. Call 902-426-5080 for more information.