Ghost tour: Dare to be scared
Visitors and guides will be required to wear masks when in indoor spaces. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
The Citadel gate swings open to reveal a tour guide in full period uniform standing on the drawbridge holding a glowing lantern aloft in the deepening twilight. He silently beckons for you to follow him across the drawbridge, through the arched stone gate and into the darkness of the fort that has dominated Halifax Harbour since 1749.
You stay close to your guide, descending by candlelight through dimly lit passageways toward shadowy inner chambers. Breathlessly anticipating what sinister apparition might lurk around each corner, you pass through ditches, along cobblestone alleys and over eerie ramparts. Then descend into dark tunnels toward prison cells that once housed hapless soldiers convicted of minor offences. You’re on a nocturnal journey into the haunted history of Halifax Citadel that recounts many a ghost story, tales of the unexplained, and all recounted in chilling detail.
Dates and times:
- Friday, July 9, 2021 to Saturday, November 6, 2021.
- Friday and Saturday nights.
- 8:30 pm (tours last 70 minutes).
- Meet at the front entrance kiosk.
- All tours are weather permitting.
- Public tours are offered in English only.
- Private group tours are offered year-round in English and in French.
- Fees: $17.03 per person.
- Purchase tickets in advance on the EventBrite website.
- Tickets go on sale every Sunday for the week. You must purchase your ticket the same week as the date you plan to attend a ghost tour.
- Online ticket sales close at 4 pm the day of the ghost tour.
- Maximum 20 people per tour.
Private group tours
Private group tours are offered year-round.
Please Note: All tours are weather permitting.
Language: Private group tours are offered year-round in English and in French.
Booking Information: For more information or to book a private tour, call 902-426-1990 or email email@example.com.