The Perfect Picnic
Our twist on "take-out"
Everything tastes better when you eat it outside! During your visit, let the beautiful landscape of Grand-Pré be your dining room. Centuries-old Victorian gardens, UNESCO world heritage site view park, or the picturesque vistas alongside the old forge, you choose the venue.
Ordering a Perfect Picnic
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Place your order by phone: 902‑542‑2703 (Prepared by our partner, nearby local restaurant Evangeline Café)
- Pick up your picnic bag (11668 Highway 1 on the Evangeline Trail)
- Find the perfect picnic place within the Grand-Pré National Historic Site and enjoy!
You can’t visit Nova Scotia and not try the famous Digby Scallops! We offer 5 bacon wrapped Digby Scallops served with a side of chipotle dip.
$14 + tax
You will love our famous Farm Burger, made from local beef patty topped with goat cheese, arugula & crispy fried onions. Enjoy this decadent comfort food with a side of your choice: golden fries or a local green salad.
$14 + tax
Atlantic lobster roll
Acadians favorites Lobster Roll! The toasted hot dog bun is overflowing with 3 oz of lobster. We must say, lobster rolls are our speciality we make them fresh with chunky pieces of lobster and lettuce. Includes a side golden fries.
$24 + tax
Evangeline’s favorite club on the go!
We all know Evangeline was busy, so her favorite meal on-the-go would have been our classic club sandwich made with chicken, bacon, lettuce and tomato. This meal includes a salad of your choice made with local greens.
For your side choose between:
- Garden, Caesar or beet salad | $17 + tax
- Fries | $15 + tax
As colorful and bright as the landscape of Grand-Pré, this garden salad is made fresh with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and grated carrot.
The Landscape Salad is $8 + tax.
- Add chicken | $5.95 + tax
- Add golden fries | $2.95 + tax
- Add onion rings | $3.95 + tax
- Add poutine | $4.95 + tax
Mouth watering seasonal pie
After one bite you’ll understand why locals come from everywhere in the valley to eat Evangeline Café's seasonal pie.
$5 + tax
Warning: Sharing is caring, but just in case, buy a slice for everyone. ;)
Top 3 Perfect Picnic Spots
- View Park on Old Post Road
- Grounds surrounding the Forge
- Within the Victorian gardens near the duck pound