2020 Evangeline POP ART Facebook Challenge
Hey! Guess what?
The Evangeline statue at Grand-Pré National Historic Site turns 100 this summer. Help us wish her a happy anniversary with a fun challenge for you, your family, and friends - while you stay at home.
Become a contemporary artist with your very own POP ART creation reinventing the iconic Evangeline. Your beautiful POP ART masterpiece might even be featured on social media and be part of our Parks Canada digital art gallery.
- Click on this link (PDF - 3.06 MB) or on the image to download your 8.5” x 11” copy of the POP ART Evangeline template to print on paper - you can also download it here as a JPEG (JPG - 2.45 Mo) to work on it in your computer's art program
- Paint, colour, make a collage, etc., of your own Evangeline
- Take a photo or scan your image and share it as a public post on social media with the hashtag #EvangelinePopArt and tag us @GrandPreNHS
- You can also send it by email to the following address: email@example.com
- Admire your new piece of POP ART and don’t forget to challenge your friends
POP ART examples
- Use standard letter size paper (8.5” x 11”). A thick matt paper (photo paper if you have it) works best to paint on.
- Laser printers work best. Inkjet printer ink might run.
- Any medium should work. Remember to be inspired, experiment and have fun! We look forward to seeing and sharing your brilliant POP ART creation.
- Colour pencils
- Acrylic paint
- Gel colour pens
- Tea bags
- Photo paper
- Magazine images
- Printer paper