Map of Georges Island National Historic Site
First Aid Station (Coal Shed)
- Submarine Mining Establishment
- Guncotton Tanks
- Dry Primer Store
- Married Officers Quarters
- Lighthouse Keeper’s House
- “The Mi’kmaq” Interpretive Panel
- “The Acadians” Interpretive Panel
- Fort Charlotte Gate and Guard Room
- Parade Square
- North Battery
- Artillery Store
- RML Laboratory
- Upper Battery
- 9-inch RML Gun Emplacements
- Quick-Fire Gun Emplacements
- Tunnels (Magazine Complex)
- Lower Battery
- Central Caponier
A. Former Prison Shed Location
B. Former Prison Shed Location
- Georges Island is a fortification that features steep masonry walls, surrounded by a ditch up to 9 metres deep.
- Please do not climb up on the walls or earthworks or out into gun openings. These areas are especially dangerous when wet.
- Young children should be under close supervision at all times.
- Be aware of steep inclines and watch out for low doorways, uneven steps, and floors.
- Please note there is no smoking permitted on the island.