COVID-19 and your visit to Castle Hill National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Castle Hill
Castle Hill National Historic Site is now closed for the 2020 season.
To lower the risks associated with COVID-19, visitors to Castle Hill National Historic Site are asked to be cautious and conservative in their use of the site, to observe travel restrictions, adhere to site closures and to respect the guidance of public health authorities.
What’s open as of September 6, 2020
- Visitor Centre - Summit Trail
- Summit - le gaillardin - Visitor Centre Trail
- Parking lot - detached redoubt - Visitor Centre Trail
What’s closed as of September 6, 2020
- Visitor Centre - including reception, exhibit and washrooms.
- Historic Sites Association Gift Shop
- All interpretation programming, events, group activities and audio tours
Your safety when visiting
- Non-medical masks or face coverings are mandatory in all indoor, public spaces in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Maintain social distance of two metres from others even when outdoors.
- Wash your hands often, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 per cent alcohol, and avoid sharing supplies with others.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces that are often touched, such as doorknobs and handrails.
- Some areas and facilities remain closed to the public. Please respect all on site signage and barriers, as well as the directional signage for trail use.