Plan your visit
Access to the interior of the tower (the blockhouse) is closed due to COVID‑19 restrictions.
Situated on New Brunswick’s west coast in charming St. Andrews-by-the-Sea, St. Andrews Blockhouse overlooks the harbour, offering stunning views of the Bay of Fundy tides. Plan to spend an hour touring the site and park-like grounds. St. Andrews is a 30-minute drive from the US/Canada border (between Calais, Maine and St. Stephen, New Brunswick). It’s a 1-hour and 15-minutes drive from Saint John, and two hours from the Fredericton airport.
23 Joes Point Road
Saint Andrews, N.B.
Phone (June to August)
Phone (September to May)
The site is located in St. Andrews, New Brunswick. The town is:
- 30 minute drive east of Calais, Maine.
- 1 hour drive west of Saint John, New Brunswick.
When travelling on Route 1:
- Turn south onto Highway 127 at Exit 14 or 29;
- Drive for 10-15 minutes until you reach Reed Avenue;
- Turn right at Harriet Street and right again at the bottom of the street;
- Watch for local signs indicating the Blockhouse.