After the war ended in 1814, St. Andrews Blockhouse continued to be used as a barracks by the Royal Artillery.
By the 1840s, the building was also used as a place to store arms which belonged to the militia.
It is possible that the Blockhouse was put into service again in 1866 when the Fenians threatened to invade the province. The Fenians were a radical Irish-American group who hoped to capture British North America as ransom for Irish independence. The Blockhouse may have housed some soldiers during this crisis.
Next part: Private residence