COVID-19 and your visit to Monument-Lefebvre National Historic Site
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Monument-Lefebvre National Historic Site
Visiting Monument-Lefebvre National Historic Site will be different than it has been in the past. Therefore, we’re asking visitors to plan ahead by checking what’s open, what to expect and how to prepare for a safe and pleasant visit.
- As of September 22, 2021, following provincial public health measures, proof of full vaccination is required to enter many locations in New Brunswick, including museums and theaters for visitors 12 years of age and older.
- Proof of full vaccination is required for admission to Monument-Lefebvre National Historic Site. It is not required for use of the grounds.
- Wearing masks: Parks Canada continues to require masks be worn indoors and in common places.
Visitors will have access to the following services and facilities:
What’s open (updated January 15, 2022)
What’s closed (updated January 15, 2022)
- Guided tours on demand
- Self-guided visit of the exhibit Reflections of a Journey – The Odyssey of the Acadian People
- Visitor Information Centre
- Box Office
- Gift Shop
- Coffee Shop
- Picnic tables
- Interactive Interpretation Programs Like headphones, for instance
- Guided Tours For more than 10 people
Your safety when visiting
- Visitors are always responsible for their own safety. Anyone participating in recreational activities should be extra cautious to avoid injury and/or getting lost to help minimize the demands placed on search and rescue teams and on the health care system.
- Always keep your pet on a leash and leave no trace.
- Visitors must respect all closures and signage.