Weather conditions are unpredictable at York Factory and can force a longer than anticipated stay. Be sure to take warm clothing, rubber boots, bug repellent, and two or three days of extra supplies.
- Average temperature for June/July/August: 13°C
- A severe temperature drop is common in June and July when the wind comes off the frozen Hudson Bay.
- There is a 40% chance of daily rain.
- High winds are frequently experienced.
- Tides up to 4 metres are experienced. Check the tide table in advance at Tidal predictions - Port Nelson.
Consult with Parks Canada office in Churchill (telephone: 204-675-8863) before departure on your trip if you require transportation from Hay Island.