Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your visit to Prince of Wales Fort
Openings and services differ across the country. Please check the Parks Canada national information portal dedicated to COVID-19 for regular updates.
Important information about your visit to Prince of Wales Fort
- Prince of Wales Fort National Historic Site and Cape Merry are open to the public in a limited capacity. Parks Canada staff will be onsite only during scheduled tours, and washrooms will be accessible to visitors. Limited pre-booked visitor experiences are available, More information about visitor experiences.
- The Visitor Centre in Churchill is now open from 9:00am to 3:30pm.
What’s open: (updated July 13th, 2020)
- Cape Merry;
- Cape Merry parking lot.
- Prince of Wales Fort
- Note: Prince of Wales Fort is only open for visitors with scheduled tours
- The washrooms at Prince of Wales Fort and Cape Merry will be open and cleaned regularly.
- The Visitor Centre in Churchill is now open from 9:00am to 3:30pm. Please note the following visitor safety measures:
- No more than 8 people are permitted inside at a time;
- Maintain a distance of at least two arm lengths (approximately two metres) from others, as much as possible;
- Hand sanitizer is available;
- We encourage the wearing of masks while inside;
- Please follow all directional markers;
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have travelled out of province in the last 14 days, we ask that you please stay at home in accordance with local health recommendations;
- Please respect staff and other visitors.
What’s closed: (updated July 13th, 2020)
- Prince of Wales Fort (outside of scheduled tours)
Your safety when visiting
- Parcs Canada staff will not be present on site if there are no scheduled tours;
- For your safety, please follow all posted signage on-site.
- We strongly encourage all visitors to wear a non-medical mask or face covering when visiting indoor public spaces at Prince of Wales Fort. An indoor public space is any space with walls and a roof that can be accessed by the members of the public.