Guided tours of Cape Merry
Experience a breathtaking panoramic view of the Churchill River, Hudson Bay, and Prince of Wales Fort at Cape Merry. A popular place for viewing wildlife or just relaxing to the scenery, Cape Merry is a scenic point of land accessible by road from the town of Churchill.
Book your guided tour of Cape Merry with a Parks Canada guide and get an in-depth look at the role Cape Merry played in the history of Prince of Wales Fort, learn about its fascinating geology, and take in the profusion of wildflowers growing there while finding out how the cape fits into the ecology of the area.
During the tour, you will see Hudson's Bay Company fortifications, cannon, remnants of the powder magazine, and the signatures of historic people carved into the rocks.
July and August
- Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance by contacting Rhonda Reid (431-232-3414).
Children (ages 12 and under): $3.90
Children under 5: Free
Please note: Parks Canada DOES NOT provide transportation to the site.
Parks Canada staff will not be present on site if there are no reservations. Once commitments have been fulfilled, staff will vacate the site.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
- Visitors will be expected to respect all physical distancing guidelines based on public health recommendations.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on site. Personal protective equipment, such as masks or gloves, will not be provided to visitors by Parks Canada. Visitors are welcome to wear their own.
- Facilities, including washrooms, will be regularly cleaned and sanitized during regular working hours.
- Sites will remain accessible to visitors with mobility issues and wheelchairs will be available upon request. Wheelchairs will be sanitized between each use.