Motor Country Club Historic Photo Album
The automobile comes to the Stone Fort: the Motor Country Club at Lower Fort Garry, 1913-1962
In 1913 the Winnipeg Automobile Club, an avant-garde group of motoring enthusiasts, leased Lower Fort Garry from the Hudson’s Bay Company and established the Motor Country Club. For nearly 50 years Lower Fort Garry served as an exclusive country club and golf course. Enjoy this photo album of Lower Fort Garry as it looked in the days of the Motor Country Club.