Beavers to Buicks
This program is not available in 2020.
Trading beavers to driving Buicks; Lower Fort Garry has a rich history of firsts in Manitoba.
Duration: 90 minutes
From May 13 to June 30, 2019
Monday - Friday: reservations are required
Saturday - Sunday: every hour on the hour from 10 am to 3 pm
From July 2 to September 2, 2019
7 days a week, except Wednesday (Children’s Day). Guided tours are scheduled at 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm.
*No tours are available on Canada Day, July 1
Fee: $7.30 per person, taxes included
Parks Canada is pleased to offer free admission for youth at our parks and sites, however regular fees still apply for other experiences and services, such as guided tours.
Did you know that Lower Fort Garry was once used as a penitentiary? An asylum?
Join us on a guided tour that explores the unique and varied history and uses of Lower Fort Garry. Explore our buildings and learn about how the site has evolved to meet changing economic needs and demands. Discover it all, and take a look behind the scenes in this all-encompassing tour!
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 204-785-6050 or toll-free: 1-888-773-8888
- Reservation is required for groups.
- This experience is outdoors, be prepared, weather can change at any time.
- This guided tour has limited accessibility.
- Maximum 20 persons per guide.
- Available in English and French
- Suitable for small groups
- Suitable for FIT (Fully Independent Travelers)
- Reservation required
- Motorcoach parking available
- On site café/restaurant
- Washrooms on site
- Gift shop