Friday Campfire Series
Ghost tours, storytelling and beer-making—oh my! Mark your calendar for the Friday Campfire Series at Lower Fort Garry this summer. This new after-hours series of events invites you to experience the Fort through fresh eyes with a variety of hands-on workshops, themed tours and engaging activities.
Come experience prairie summer nights the way they were intended: in the great outdoors, surrounded by good friends.
Gather your family around the campfire at Lower Fort Garry! Taste bannock cooked over an open fire, play a drum, join in bracelet making, and engage in traditional stories—there’s something for everyone!
- Dates: Dates:July 5 Sold out, August 2 Sold out
- Time: Time: 7 - 9 pm
- Fee: Fee: $4.90 person
- Reserve your spot:Reserve your spot: Reserving a spot is highly recommended for this program as there is a maximum of 50 participants. To reserve, call 204-785-6050, or go to Lower Fort Garry or the Parks Canada Kiosk at the Travel Manitoba Visitor Information Centre at The Forks.
Do you think Lower Fort Garry is haunted? Discover for yourself on a guided Ghost Tour of the fort. On this nocturnal journey, you will learn about the site’s lesser known history as an asylum and a prison, and hear the spooky stories that linger within the old stone fort walls.
This two-hour program will depart from the Visitor Centre, beginning at 8 pm. The last tour of the night departs at 9 pm.
- Dates: Dates: July 12 Sold out, July 26 Sold out, August 23 Sold out
- Time: Time: 8 - 11 pm; Length: 2 hours
- Fee: Fee: Adults $12.70; Youth (17 and under) $4.90; Seniors $11.45
- Reserve your spot:Reserve your spot: Reserving a spot is strongly recommended for this program. To reserve a tour at a time that works for you, call 204-785-6050, or go to Lower Fort Garry or the Parks Canada Kiosk at the Travel Manitoba Visitor Information Centre at The Forks.
Make your own authentic beer at Lower Fort Garry. Our brewmasters will guide you step-by-step using a traditional recipe—and at the end of the night, you’ll take home a growler of your very own!
- Dates: Dates: July 19 Cancelled, August 9
- Time: Time: 5 - 9 pm
- Fee: Fee: $55.00 person
- Reserve your spot:Reserve your spot: Booking ahead is required for this event. Purchase tickets online from Friends of Lower Fort Garry.