- General Warehouse and Fur Store (1888-1889)
- Fish Cache (1889)
- Staff House [Guest House] (1884)
- Trade Store (1884)
- Officer’s Dwelling House [Murray House] (1883-1884)
- Commemoration Café
1. General Warehouse and Fur Store (1888-1889)
The warehouse sheltered or accommodated the trade goods for Fort St. James and the surrounding outposts. Furs were stored in this building where they were baled for their journey to Victoria. The warehouse is one of the finest surviving examples of a Red River frame fur trade building in Canada.
2. Fish Cache (1889)
Dried salmon and bacon were stored here for company employees and the Carrier people. An adaptation of the traditional Carrier fish cache, the building is raised by four corner elevated posts to deter predators.
3. Staff House [Guest House] (1884)
The staff house was a residence for company employees, pack train hands, boat crews and visitors. The building also served as an early schoolhouse and as a private residence in the 1930s and 1940s.
4. Trade Store (1884)
This was the commercial centre of the post where furs were traded for many goods displayed inside. The building also served as the first post office in the area until fire destroyed it in 1919. The building that stands today is an authentic reconstruction to the 1896 period.
5. Officer’s Dwelling House [Murray House] (1883-1884)
This house was the residence for the factor in charge of the post. Although it underwent many changes over the years, it has been restored to the period of A.C. Murray’s occupancy in 1896.
7. Commemoration Café
Enjoy a delicious meal at the Commemoration Café, while feasting your eyes on one of the most spectacular lake views in British Columbia.