Vive les voyageurs: In the boots of the voyageurs
All grades. French-Canadian specialized program. French Immersion, Francophone, and Anglophone classes — all welcome.
Immerse your students in a French-Canadian cultural experience at our 19th century Hudson’s Bay Company trading post. Participate in fun learning activities, taste maple taffy and learn about French-Canadian music with the spoon and jig.
- This exclusive program is offered for two weeks only: January 20 - 24 and 27 - 31, 2019. Book now
- Available to all grades and French levels: French Immersion, Francophone, and Anglophone classes.
- Fees: $16.80 per student, including maple taffy
- Adult chaperones: 1 adult per 6 primary students, 1 per 10 intermediate students or 1 adult per 15 secondary students. The required adult chaperones are complimentary. Additional adults pay $6.55. Those who would like to have maple taffy may pay $3 at the Visitor Centre for a token.
- Capacity: Up to 120 students
- Please ensure that all schools have a fair chance to participate in our programs: give us at least two weeks' notice of any cancellations, so that we may offer the time slot to another class.
How the program works
- In groups, you will rotate through six 20-minute stations.
Preparing for your visit
- Divide your student list into brigade groups of approximately 15-25 students (we will indicate the number of brigades at the time of booking). Assign parent helpers to each group.
- Programs run rain or shine: dress for the weather.
- To assist us in delivering the best experience for your students, encourage adult leaders to model active listening, to silence cell phones, and take necessary phone calls or conversations with other parents outside while programs are in progress.
When you arrive
- Check in 15 to 30 minutes prior to your scheduled program time.
- Pay for your field trip using credit card or school cheque, written out to the Receiver General for Canada. Please collect the $3/adult (for maple taffy) in advance and provide payment at time of check in.
- Adult chaperones are required at all times while exploring the fort, visitor centre and gift shop.
- Washrooms are located in the Visitor Centre and lelƏm’ at the fort Café.
- Outdoor picnic areas and shelters are available for lunch.
- Located inside the fort, leləm’ at the Fort Café is a great place for adults to purchase coffee, cold drinks, freshly baked goods or lunch. To arrange group catering, please arrange in advance by contacting Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your visit
This event is proudly sponsored by Canadian Parents for French – Langley Chapter