Grave Tales: School edition
Our expert storytellers will share stories of the people who lived and worked for the Hudson's Bay Company trading post during the 1800s on a two-hour walk, guaranteed to give you goose bumps. Find out how the creation of Fort Langley along the Fraser River came to impact the land and led to the creation of the Colony in 1858.
- Book now! (This program is listed under the Enhanced School Programs tab.)
- Fees: $7.30 per student
- Capacity: The program is not available in 2019.
- Adult chaperones: 1 adult per 15 secondary students or 1 per 10 intermediate students, additional adults $6.55
- Please ensure that all schools have a fair chance to participate in our programs: give us at least two weeks' notice of any cancellations, so that we may offer the time slot to another class.
Preparing for your visit
- Programs run rain or shine: dress for the weather.
- To assist us in delivering the best experience for your students, encourage adult leaders to model active listening, to silence cell phones, and take necessary phone calls or conversations with other parents outside while programs are in progress.
When you arrive
- Check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled program time.
- Pay for your fieldtrip using credit card or school cheque, written out to the Receiver General for Canada.
- Adult chaperones are required at all times while exploring the fort, visitor centre and gift shop.
- Washrooms are located in the Visitor’s Centre and lelƏm’ at the fort Café.
- Outdoor picnic areas and shelters are available for lunch.
- Located inside the fort, leləm’ at the Fort Café is a great place for adults to purchase coffee, cold drinks, freshly baked goods or lunch. To arrange group catering, please arrange in advance by contacting Jill at email@example.com