History

Fort Rodd Hill is a coast artillery fort built in the late 1890s to defend Victoria and the Esquimalt Naval Base. The fort includes three gun batteries, underground magazines, command posts, guardhouses, barracks and searchlight emplacements. There are numerous interpretive signs and audio-visual stations, as well as period furnished rooms.

Fisgard Lighthouse was built in 1860 as the first permanent lighthouse on Canada's west coast. The former keeper's house now contains exhibits and a video station.


* The Poppy Design is a registered trademark of The Royal Canadian Legion, Dominion Command and is used under licence.