Online reservations now available:
Camp in comfort! Cook bannock and trapper’s tea over a fire. Immerse yourself in the lifestyle of the fur trade. Camping fee includes a Fur Trade Camp Kit: bison hide, period cooking kit and utensils, blow tube and flint/steel fire-starting kit, bannock mix, trapper’s tea, spices, oil and soap.
Métis Trapper Tents
- Sleep up to 5 on double or twin beds (beds and mattresses included).
- Wooden platform flooring,rustic table and chairs provided.
- Communal fire pits.
- Sleep up to 8, sleeping mats provided.
- Wooden platform flooring, rustic tables and chairs provided.
- Outside fire pits and picnic tables.
- Sleeps 6 people: one double captain style bed and 4 sleeping mats in the loft.
- Trapper tents and tipis are 50 metres from parking area to ensure a true nature experience.
- Washroom facilities nearby, bear-proof garbage containers, day use area, volleyball court and boat launch.
- Community fire pits and picnic tables.
- Walking distance to Visitor Centre, gift shop and on-site events and interpretive programs.
- Check-in at the heritage campground is after 3:00 p.m. and Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
- Tipi and Trapper Tent Camping, per site - $58.80
- Trapline Cabins, per site - $120
- Walk-in tenting: 10 sites
- RV campground: 24 un-serviced trailer sites
- Campground Facilities include picnic area, kitchen shelter, fire pits, washrooms and showers
- Firewood is available for purchase for $6.80 per bundle
- Check-in time is after 2:00 p.m. and Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
Front Country Camping (RV and walk-in tenting) - $25.50
No gear? No problem. Tackle the great outdoors with a fully equipped camping kit. Book this experience and Parks Canada will provide the basics. Equipped Camping is $70 per night. For more information, call 403-845-2412.
Equipped Campsites Include:
- 6 person tent (set up)
- Sleeping pads
- Stove and propane
- Broom and dustpan
- Camping orientation session
- Camping permit
- Sleeping bags