Plan your visit
Cannabis is now legal and regulated in Canada.
Find out how this will affect your visit.
To fully experience The Cave and Basin gift shop and the surrounding boardwalks, plan at least 2-3 hours. Popular seasonal special events should be booked ahead. Combine it with a soak in the Banff Upper Hot Springs just a short drive around Sulphur Mountain.
The Cave and Basin is on the edge of the town of Banff, Alberta and only 128 kilometres on the Trans-Canada Highway (#1) from the Calgary International Airport. Shuttles to Banff and rental cars are available at the airport and the city centre.
LocationLocation: 311 Cave Ave, Banff, Alberta T0L 0C0
The Cave and Basin is located at 311 Cave Avenue. Drive down Banff Avenue and turn right after the bridge, continue to the end of Cave Ave and park by the Welcome Centre.
- Weekend and holiday service: May 18 – June 17
- Daily between June 18 – September 16
Free admission for youth. Other fees still apply.
Detailed fees list
Facilities and services
- Walk through the narrow tunnel to see the pristine cave of mineral rich water.
- Enjoy the story hall movies and interactive exhibits
- Stop in at the gift shop after walking the boardwalks to the marshlands.